Sunday, May 3, 2009


Wow! Yesterday was ANYTHING but sleepy! First, Daddy got up and went directly out to the store instead of lounging around for a while first. Then, when he got home with all sorts of odd things like paper towels and gloves, he didn't sit on the couch even though Skylar was asking him to. He went and played with the toilet for over an hour! He cleaned it, even cleaning off the litter we so helpfully put around the base of it to stop the small bit of water that had leaked out. Then he scooped out all the water from both parts of it. We didn't even know there WAS water in that top part! Little Bit was inside, so she and Rori watched from the doorway, with Tabby watching from the box in the living room. Carbon and Starla did walk-bys, and Skylar wasn't interested in it (probably because his nose isn't working properly so he couldn't smell it).

We thought he was done, but then he took the toilet off the floor! Wow, we had no idea! You should've seen how wide our eyes got and our ears wiggle at that! He replaced the seal, then put the toilet back. He cleaned everything up again and took all the cleaning stuff out to the garbage. Of course, we all piled in to investigate the floor, the toilet, the bathtub (where he'd set the garbage bag while he was putting the garbage in it), and the counter (where the cleaning supplies had been).

If that wasn't exciting enough, the water started leaking again. This time, it wasn't the new seal, but it was the intake pipe. Turns out that seal was faulty, so Daddy had to go to the store again and get a new pipe. That wasn't as dramatic as the first thing, but we all assembled again (minus Little Bit, who was back outside) in case he took the toilet up.

Then, things settled down for a few hours. All of a sudden, BOOM! FLASH! BOOM! More flashes and booms, then incredible hail and rain! Freak thunderstorm! We all ran around to find hiding places while Daddy laughed and tried to reassure us. Yeah, right, it's ok for you to laugh, but we're afraid it's going to come get us! Rori and Carbon went in with Mommy, who woke up for two seconds then went back to sleep. Something about sleeping better when it rains...she's obviously a Northwest native!

When she did get up later, she tried her computer and the internet didn't work. Daddy looked at it and said the fan was broken. He had a new one already, so he took the case apart and replaced that. Carbon supervised very closely, even getting his whiskers in the case.

We think we've had enough adventures for this weekend, don't you?


Katiez Furry Mewz said...

you hads an exciting day yesserday! Congrats on the noo toilet seal... Hopes you dont have anymorh kabooms in the sky!!

(we iz havin a squillion raffle...pleez stops by and spred da werd!)

Pinky Ash and Boo said...

That sounds like one action packed day. Our staff sleeps better when it rains too.

Forever Foster said...

Goodness! What an eventful day!

Kaz's Cats said...

That is a whole lot of excitement for one day! Good thing that you kitties were in charge and making sure that your Daddy fixed things okay. We don't like loud storms much either,


Gypsy & Tasha

Tuck said...

Wow! I hope your Sunday is more restful!

The Island Cats said...

Whew! After all that, you deserve a long nap!

Cats of Wildcat Woods said...

Boy you guys need a rest after all that excitement. Hope you have a easy Sunday!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I think that is plenty busy for a weekend.

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

Hello! What a lot of adventures this weekend for you!
Thanks for your comment about my stroller. I think the problem for the places I visit is they are used to this "Delta insurance" I have and they are worried if I do not have it. With SARA I think there is no insurance. Is it hard to register? I am not happy with Delta right now, I wish I could scritch them but I cannot because I wear SoftPaws and they are based in Seattle. ;)
- Figaro