Friday, May 15, 2009

A sunny visiting day

Tabby writes:

Yesterday was a very sunny visiting day! It was nice to be out of the house, but WARM! Mommy and I had a little time before we actually had to be inside, so we visited one of her former customers from when she worked at Starbucks last year. He begs in the park and collects cans. It was a slow day for him, so we spent about 15 minutes chatting and meowing with him. He petted me, but didn't want me to climb onto his motor scooter-chair. That's a very funny kind of chair! I sniffed it and my ears went straight up! The man and Mommy laughed at that.

When we got to the retirement center, Mommy checked for our sign-in sheet and her nametag, but they weren't there. We're so new visiting that they haven't made one for us yet. So she signed in the regular visitors' log and up went went. We had to wait a little for the nice lady who walks around with us, so we visited with a couple residents who passed by in the hall. Then, she walked out of the elevator with a nice lap quilt to put down so I didn't shed on everyone's clothing.

I visited with a lady who just turned 103 years old! She knew just how to scritch my head. I was interested in one resident's bed, but she didn't want me to hop up on it. Some residents didn't want to visit with me, but that was ok. One lady had a very small lap. When I tried to roll over for a tummy rub, I rolled off! Mommy rearranged the quilt and set me back up, putting her hand as a guard in case I tried that again.

There was a tiny puppy in the lobby when we went downstairs again. She was only 12 weeks old! She had never seen a cat before, and I'd never seen a dog that tiny before! She was as small as a 4-week-old kitten! Her person set her down, and Mommy took me out of the stroller. I went up slowly and sniffed her; she sniffed back, then sat down! It was too cute! I went over and sniffed her again, then she tried to sniff my butt but I had my tail down so she couldn't. She followed me around, then wanted to play with my leash. I turned and sniffed her again, so she sniffed me back. Then I head-butted her and she almost fell over! She sniffed me again and lay down, so her person picked her back up.

After our visit, we went to the park again. Mommy's friend in the power scooter was talking with some other people, but we found a fountain to watch. I was getting REALLY warm, so she rolled the stroller into the shade and sat taking pictures. A min-pin came by with his people, so he and I sniffed while Mommy and they talked. The min-pin gave me a tongue bath! He kept wanting to hop up to lick me in the stroller!




9 comments:

Forever Foster said...

Tabby, we think it is wonderful that you and your mum go and visit at the retirement centre. Mum used to work in one, and she used to feel sad for people who loved animals, but were unable to have them around anymore. You must bring a lot of comfort and happiness to people.

Your stroller is very cool! Mum is looking at getting us one for Sydney:)

ZOOLATRY said...

Such a wonderful kitty you are to share time with others. We don't get out-and-about, but we do sometimes cuddle our great grandma who is 95 and lives with us. It makes her smile.

Cory said...

What a great day to be out visiting! We think you are a very special and generous cat to volunteer your time to visit otheres.

BooBoo said...

That is nice of you to spend time helping people.

The Island Cats said...

We're sure all the people at the retirement center enjoyed your visit, Tabby! It's really nice that you do this!!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You are a marvelous cat to enjoy such time with different people.

Anonymous said...

What a great day - visiting with all those beans. Your mom is very nice to take you with her. We don't do well outside the hosue cuz we were all feral but we do like some visitors. They have to be quiet and don't scare us!

Jake and Micah said...

Sounds like you had a fun day Tabby!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Tabby, that is so special what you and your mom do!