Thursday, March 26, 2009

They have strings in here!

Starla writes:

They have strings in this house! Not just strings that are attached to things, but real strings that I can bat around and play with! My new mommy just got one for me and dangled it, bouncing it a little, and I ATTACKED! I gave it the old one-two with my paw, then bit it and swatted it some more!

After I was kind of tired from all that exertion, because it's been a while since I've played like that, I was going to settle down for a bit. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw something else wiggling! I just HAD to go pounce on it! I ran across the top of the futon, jumped down into a crouch, and swatted. It was furry! I swatted some more, then used both front paws to get it to bite, when Skylar moved a tiny bit. I realized it was HIS TAIL! I put it down and watched it for a bit. Yes, it was attached to him. But it still wiggled so invitingly! Mommy was egging me on, so I swatted again, and Skylar wiggled it higher. He WANTED me to play with it! I gladly obliged!

After playing a bit more, I settled down on the couch to rest, a little way from Skylar. Mommy petted us both and told us how happy she was that we are both playing.

3 comments:

Pinky Ash and Boo said...

String is great, glad you had some fun play time

Elin said...

SOunds great!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh man, playing wif another kitties tail is fun! It's even more fun if dey wiggle it fur ya, dat means dey WANT to play too.