Friday, March 20, 2009

Smokey's settling in well

Smokey via telephone from my new mommy to my foster mommy:

I hid under the bed most of the time, until it was sleep time. Then, I wanted to explore and PLAY and SNUGGLE!!!! I walked back and forth over the bed repeatedly, then climbed under the covers when they were asleep and snuggled. My new mommy rolled over at one point during the night and felt something furry by her leg. She, being sleepy, forgot for a minute that I was in the house, and was very startled. She woke my new daddy up, and he said, "It's the CAT, Erin, go back to sleep." She laughed, then went to sleep again.

I had some chicken last night. I thought at first it might be a trap, so when they put it on the floor for me I circled it, suspicious of it. Then I sat down and ate the pieces. It was yummy, but I'm still keeping my distance from them during the daytime. My new mommy put some fries by the bed this morning for me, then went and sat on the couch to watch. I came out enough so she could see my little eyes, then swiped the fries with my paw. I wasn't taking any chances, so they went under the bed with me to eat.

No cat food for me yet, and no deposits in the litter box. Mommy called Foster Mommy to ask her about that, but it's probably just because I'm a bit stressed from the move and my new surroundings. So Mommy isn't as worried about that now. Besides, Foster Mommy reminded her that I did eat the chicken and fries, just not my cat food.

There's a creature here! It's a gerbil named Truffles, and it's in a plastic box on the table above my litter box. I stood up on my hind legs and put my front paws on the table to look at it. It was doing something, so I watched it very closely. Each time it twitched, I jumped!

1 comment:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We are glad you are settling in Smokey. Under the covers is a good place to sleep. I, Flynn, sleep there all the time when the Beans go to bed.
Roast chick-hen sounds good. We'd rather have that than cat food too.