Thursday, May 26, 2011

Missy Update: Back from the vet, and I'm NOT a kitten!

Missy writes:


Foster Mommy put me into a box today and Foster Daddy took me out to the car. I thought they might be getting rid of me, taking me back to where they found me, but they said they were taking me to the doctor to see if I had any icky diseases or not. Then, if I was negative for diseases, I could start meeting the other cats in the household! I thought that sounded ok, so I crouched in the box (carrier) on Foster Mommy's lap and yelled at the cars. I liked seeing all the cars on the freeway.

At the vet, I did extremely well, not talking much and going right over to the vet. His name is Dr. Bob, and he loves kitties. He sat on the floor and let me come right up to him and sniff him! Wow! He checked me over, and I purred for him. Then the vet tech took me into the back and the vampires took some of my blood and shaved my tummy.

The good news is that I'm negative for diseases. The ok news is that I've not been spayed. The surprising news is that I'm about 2 1/2 years old! I'm just a petite cat! The vet gave me a tentative birthdate of Jan. 1, 2009. I'm 6.5 lbs, and about the same size as a year-old cat, but that's a pretty healthy weight for me.

I'm hanging out on a blankie in the living room, under the end table, now. I've met the other kitties here, and hissed at most of them. Tabby came a bit too close, so I swatted her, and then she backed off after going to Foster Mommy for reassurance. Freya keeps her distance, but I can tell she's curious about me. Heimdall isn't sure about me so isn't coming too close. The rest are taking their time investigating, which suits me just fine.

2 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Well aren't you a little thing. I am glad you have a safe place to live until you find your forever home!

meowmeowmans said...

Wow! well, you are so youthful-looking ... what is your secret, sweet girl? :)

We sure are glad you're in a safe place , where you'll be loved until you find your forever home.