Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day from the PDX pride!

Tabby says:

I went on a special Valentine's Day stroll today. Mommy and I left the house and said hi to SpongeBob, who was on the front porch. He sniffed me in the stroller and then rolled over for tummy rubs on the sidewalk. Mommy took me on the bus to Petco and had my picture taken. After about 10 different tries, most of which I was trying to get the cameraman to pet me instead of taking my picture, we finally got one that worked.


Then, I walked around the whole store, spending most of my time in the dog food aisle. A lady kept following us, asking all kinds of questions about me and my leash-walking and training. She also pet me quite a bit, and then her daughter pet me also. She joked around with Mommy that I must be some kind of a new breed of animal, a "cat-dog" or "dog-cat"! Here's a video of me walking around the store.



When it was time to go, I growled at Mommy because I wanted to stay. I love being out so much that I never want to leave when it's time! She said we had to go, and put me back in the carrier. We went to the store where we get my outfits, and they had the St. Patrick's clothes already, so we got a dress for me. Mommy's going to go back later today to bring them one of my Valentine's cards; she forgot to bring it with us.

We took the bus back home. Here's a picture of the bus at the mall.


When we got back to the house, our neighbors were just leaving, so I hopped out of the stroller to say hi to them. Then they started their truck and drove away. I got really scared and jumped and tried to run, but Mommy had my leash so I didn't get far. I crouched down and looked at the truck going away, swishing my tail. Then I walked up to the house and patiently waited for Mommy to open the door, and in I went.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tabby, you must be not only a sociable cat, but also very confident to go strolling around in a public place. But really, curiosity is what cats are known for!

Caitie was in a Petco once, but she was in a small cage, and that was on the day our humans adopted her.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

wow! dat izza impressiv walk arownd da d-o-g food sekshun uv petco.
azza former feral, i wood havva hard time warin a harness ... but u look like yer havin so much fun!
i like yer valentine, too.
i hope u hadda grate valentine'z day!
luv--yer frend--jh

Tuck said...

Wow Tabby -- you are so brave!! I get scared everytime my mom takes me out in the carrier. She says she hopes I don't think she's going to put me back outside like I when I was a baby and didn't have a home. That pet store looks like fun though. Did you get to pick out a new toy?

Nikita Cat said...

Love, love, love, the video!

I can entirely see young Elvira learning to do this.

Me? I don't know.

I'll stay in my Stroller unless we got to Pussy & Pooch again. ;-D

I felt safe there.