Saturday, February 28, 2009

He who walks in dreams

Skylar writes:

Both Mom and Dad always say that cuddling with me makes them feel better. Did you know that many people think cats are telepathic? We believe it.

I walked in Mom's dreams while she was sleeping yesterday. She was having very bad nightmares, a sequential nightmare, then all of a sudden it started getting better. She eventually woke up, and I was snuggled right at her face, staring at her. Most of the time I curl up by her feet, but I was right there next to her, telling her it was ok. She petted me and told me thank you, then was able to sleep pleasantly.

My sister Lydia used to do the same thing. Mom would often wake up with Lydia staring at her, and she'd notice her in the actual dream too, making things better.

Anyone else dreamwalk with their purrents?

4 comments:

Forever Foster said...

That's very sweet. Our mum thinks we glow with love and positive energy, and that it's impossible not to feel better when we're around. We think that's pretty neat:)

Your PhotoHunt photos and story were great:)

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

That is pretty cool.

I'll have to try that.

The PM had a cat that she grew up with visit her on the night she died. She was not living with her at the time but dreamt of her cuddled up in her lap. When the PM woke up she knew in her heart that Mimi had passed on.

Purrs Goldie

Tuck said...

I want to walk with my mom in her dreams! I have never done that, but I believe that it is true.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We've all talked to mom in her dreams and dad too! He always tells mom dat he had a nice conversation...with one of us!