Monday, March 3, 2014

Happy Gotcha Day Anniversary to Starla!

Starla writes:

Happy Gotcha Day Anniversary to me!  I remember the day I was gotcha'd by my forever family!  I had wintered out the ice storm in their basement and it was finally starting to be spring.  I was coming inside to visit them frequently, along with the rest of my biological family (Smokey, Little Bit, and Boo-Boo Kitty).  Smokey and I were both in heat, so my forever purrents asked the people who actually owned me (two doors down) if they could adopt us, and the people said yes.  Smokey became a foster, and was then adopted to Mommy Erin and became her forever kitty.  I was going to be a foster, but something wonderful happened!  Besides getting spayed, that is, which in itself was a wonderful thing.  Not the surgery, but the fact that I didn't have to worry about that anymore.

The wonderful thing that happened was this:

I was brought inside so that I could have my surgery the next day.  After my surgery, Skylar curled around me on the futon and looked up at our purrents, pleading with his eyes for permission to keep me.  How could they deny him this wish, when he'd lost his sister a few months before, and we'd all lost Sara Kitty a few weeks before?  Of course, they told him that he could adopt me as his kitty!  Yep, that's right!  I was adopted by another kitty!

Here we are snuggling together, just after Skylar asked Mommy and Daddy if he could keep me!

He and I were best buddies until he went to the Bridge a few years ago.  Now, my best buddies are Rori, the twins, and Panther.  I live in the bathroom (yes, I "graduated" from my isolation room due to the Prozac helping my anxiety) and have my own special cave in there under the sink cabinet.  And, guess what?  I don't even need the Prozac anymore!  I haven't taken any for the last month and a half!  I'm going to celebrate my gotcha day anniversary by going to eat with the other kitties in the dining room, venturing into the living room to use the scratcher, and greeting Grandma in the hallway when she gets up!  Grandma gave us tuna a couple days ago, and I even went out to eat it with everyone else, sharing a plate with Dare!

12 comments:

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Happy Gotcha Day Starla! We're so glad you got gotted! That was a wonderful and beautiful gotcha story!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Happy Gotcha Day Starla. Our cat Whiskers adopted Socks. And Socks was a big help with Scylla and Charybdis when they were babies. So glad you found such a great family and got spayed.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Starla! We're so glad Skylar asked to keep you, you have a wonderful forever home now.

Jans Funny Farm said...

We're so glad your story has a happy middle. (It's not over yet.) Happy Gotcha Anniversary, Starla!

Sparkle said...

Happy gotcha day, Starla! How cool that you were adopted by another kitty - that sure has never happened here (although there have been a few UN-adopt requests!).

da tabbies o trout towne said...

happee gotcha day two ewe starla...hope yur day iz rockin awesum fun N enjoy yur time to nite with everee one...N may bee a little extree toona on yur plate ta sell a brate !!!!

The Lee County Clowder said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Starla. In fact, it sounds like this is kind of a double gotcha day, with you claiming your rightful place in the family.

We hope you have a great day, and get lots of tuna and love and cuddles from everyone.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happy Gotcha Day Starla!

Pasha's Mommy said...

Happy Gotch day Starla!!!

Thanks for your comments and purrs!!!

Cats Herd You said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Starla!

Saku said...

Happy Gotcha Day Starla! What a sweet gotcha story...we is glad you got adopted by your brofur.

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

meowmeowmans said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Starla! WE are so glad you were gotted into such a pawesome family. :)