Saturday, April 24, 2010

Feral Friday


Hi, my name is Tuxedo!  Sorry this post is a day late, but better late than never, right?  Speaking of which, I finally have let the lady take something called a picture with a funny flashy box that she holds up in front of her.  Usually I come at night, but I was out hunting and thought I'd stop by during the daytime to see if they had any food for me.  Guess what?  They did!  I ate a bit, then I spotted something in the tall grass just off the deck.  I crouched low...edged my back paws into position...and POUNCED!!!  I flew high in the air, twice as high as the grass, and landed on my prey!  I proceeded to eat whatever it was, so the humans couldn't see what I'd caught from where they were inside at the glass door.  It was very yummy, though!  I could tell that the inside tuxedo cat, the one they call Skylar, was jealous that I was hunting and caught something.  The others just looked interested, but he had a faraway look in his eyes like he was remembering a time when he used to do the same thing.  He also ran over to the door to look out as soon as he saw me pounce.  I saw him out of the corner of my eye, and my head whipped around to look that way as soon as I'd safely caught my prey.  But I knew he couldn't come take it away, because they can't go through that funny window/door.

No comments: