Monday, April 30, 2012

Results of Tabby's blood test

Tabby writes:

The vet called today with the results of my bloodwork.  My liver enzyme levels are elevated, so the vet thinks that I probably have hyperthyroidism (also known as hyper-T).  It's managed with medication (methimazole) and retesting as needed.  I go in on Friday for them to test my thyroid levels with more blood draws, to see that the diagnosis is correct and to evaluate the dosage of medication.  Thanks so much for all your purrs, prayers, and good thoughts!  I ate (was force-fed by Mommy) one whole teaspoon of food at my last feeding! *glares at Mommy, though*

4 comments:

Sparkle said...

Tabby, I am purring for you to eat more - please keep us posted about the new tests! We want to see Tabby get better soon!

Angel Prancer Pie said...

We are purrin hard fur you! Prancer Pie had to be force fed for 3 or 4 days after ten days of no eating. We used AD cat food from the vet. It put weight back on him fast. Good luck!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Annie was hyper-t, so yes, it's manageable with the meds, though not cured unless you do the I-131 treatment.

Just remember to start LOW on the dose....Many cats have run into difficulties with vets starting them on too-high doses.

Paws crossed and purrs.

The Island Cats said...

Tabby, we're sorry to hear you have hyperthyroidism...but at least it's treatable. We hope you do well on your medication.