Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Baby-Dot & Baby-Tuxie's diary from Catster

The tiny tuxie angels write:

As our family moves from Catster to Cathugger, we are each publishing our previous diary entries here so that we will still have them and others can read them if they like.  These entries are mostly previous to the creation of "Furry Tails of the PDX pride", and are from earliest to latest, organized by cat.

Gone too soon

September 22nd 2009 12:26 am

Baby-Dot here. I was only with my last foster family for a week. I left for the Bridge when I was 2 1/2 weeks old. Foster Mommy was worried because I never ate as much as my brother, and wasn't as active as he. I was nursing from the bottle when I died, in Foster Mommy's hands. She had taken us to her work so she could feed us after her class, so she called Foster Daddy and he came and got her. My brother was snuggling with my body, so Foster Mommy picked up my body and petted it, kissed it, and arranged the fur. She settled the tiny paws and set the body back into our tote.

At the same time I died, even though I was away from home, Skylar knew. He woke up from a nap and walked over to sit with Foster Daddy in the chair.

Foster Daddy dug a hole by where Lydia and Sara are buried in the backyard, burying my body there. He stroked my fur and both of them told me how sorry they were that I had to leave so early. They told me they loved me, and how they had tried their best to give me what I needed. I know they did their best for me.

Foster Mommy called the lady who cared for me for the first 1 1/2 weeks, and they both cried while talking.

Both brothers are angel kittens now

September 22nd 2009 2:39 am

Baby-Tuxie just left us as well. I took him out to feed him, and he barely meowed. He had been screaming his lungs out, but barely made a sound this time and he was so cold. My husband held him while he went through the same things his brother had.

We buried him in the backyard next to his brother. We think that they had some kind of infection, and had no resistance because they never nursed from their mama cat.

Rest in peace, little ones. We loved you both!

KMR powder warning!

October 7th 2009 1:36 pm

Everyone who fosters needs to check the smell of their KMR powder! If it does NOT smell like milk, call PetAg (the company that makes it) at 800-323-0877 and tell them. They will send out a replacement in liquid form.

The rancid KMR powder is due to excessive heat while shipping! It is NOT a manufacturing issue or anything related to PetAg. It is the fault of the shipping companies letting the product sit in enclosed trailers in the summer heat.

There is no way to tell which packages will be rancid before they are opened. It is not by lot number or by expiration date. It is by when and how they were shipped.

PetAg is being very nice about this issue. Our foster mommy called about our can, and the lady was extremely polite and kind. She is sending liquid replacement that can be stored for up to a year and a half, and sending a call label so the rancid powder can be sent back free of charge.

They are going to reformulate KMR powder so that it stands up better to extreme heat and doesn't separate as much. The liquid wasn't affected at all.

The lady said that some of the symptoms we had (diarrhea, listlessness) could have been caused by the powder, but since we didn't have the vomiting usually associated with food poisoning that it wasn't the whole story.

Please, please, PLEASE pass this on to individuals and organizations who foster!

1 comment:

meowmeowmans said...

Oh, that was so sad! Thank you for loving these sweeties as much and as well as you did. Even though they were only with you for a short time, they were loved, and that is wonderful.