Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tuxedo, Leopard, and possible kittens!

 Hi, it's Tux again!  You know, when we ferals talked with you last weekend, we weren't quite honest.  You see, I forgot to mention that Leopard (pictured below) was a girl instead of a boy.  The man and lady didn't know for sure, and she was too scared for them to get close enough to tell.  I also didn't mention that she's my girlfriend, and we're expecting kittens very soon!

Leopard here.  Yep, I'm about to pop with probably my first litter of babies!  Tux is guarding me while I eat from the back porch, so that no one sneaks up to hurt either me or my babies.

Here's a pretty dark picture of the two of us together tonight.  I'm looking at the lady with the flashy box, but Tux is eating, so I took my cue from him.  He was mostly concerned with possible danger from the yard instead of the flashy box or those other cats inside.  I was a bit scared to be this close to the house for this long, especially with that flashy box going off and the inside cats trying to investigate me, but Tux calmed me down by posturing and letting me know he didn't think we were in any danger from any of them.  I ate my fill while he stood guard about a foot away, then the lady put more food out and we both came back and ate together.  I'm standing up in this picture, and my boyfriend is lying down eating.  If you enlarge the picture, you might be able to see how my stomach is hanging down, a good indication that I'm almost due!

After we ate, since it's raining here, we both disappeared into Tux's hidey-hole under the left side of the deck.  He's got a hollowed-out spot under there that some of us cats (and sometimes other animals) like to use for naps.

No comments: