Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Geese!

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/
Tigress writes:

There are big birds across the street!  When my brother, sister, and I were younger, we would ask our dad-cat if we could go hunt them.  He told us that they were too big for us to hunt, even if we all worked together and hunted as a pack.  I bet they would be tasty if I ever could get one, though!  Mommy and Daddy wouldn't approve, although I'm much more of a catch-and-release hunter than a hunter for real.

Right now, they are starting to have baby geese.  I see the little ones sometimes in the marsh next to our yard, because there's one family of geese that lives there.  They make a very strange sound, and sometimes I surprise them when I'm hunting mice next to the edge of the marsh.  HONK!  Baby honks!

Here's a picture of the gathering across the street.  Every day around noon, three or four flocks of them go to eat a few yards away.  A lady feeds them there!  Then the flocks settle down where this picture is, all of them together, and nap for a while!

And here's one closer in, of the same area, showing the geese!



9 comments:

Pawesome Cats said...

I don't think I've ever seen a goose, but we have lots of Pelicans where I live and Ibis too.

Summer said...

My human loves geese! The wild and the domesticated types. She even wishes she could have a couple as watch-geese (as opposed to watchdogs). Only problem here is we have coyotes and even the bravest goose couldn't stand a chance against those critters.

The Island Cats said...

That's some good Bird TV you have to watch. Geese are fun...but the mom says they're messy.

Cathy Keisha said...

Whoa! I want some of that action!

Colehaus Cats said...

We love watching all the geese flying over our house spring and again in the fall. How cool that you have some with babies so near your house!

Sweet Purrfections said...

What a wonderful big screen bird TV

The Swiss Cats said...

That's a great Bird TV ! Geese are fun... from far ! Purrs

Furries said...

You have amazing bird t.v. I'm not sure you could catch an adult goose. They can be pretty nasty. I bet a little baby goose would be fun to sniff and play with.

Anonymous said...

Lucky! The geese in the field by my house always leave candies for me in the grass. Mom says the word, "Don't eat that. It's disgusting." That means, "Eat the candies. They're delicious!" in dog language.

Love and licks,
Cupcake