Friday, April 3, 2015

Caring for Daddy

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/
Daddy has the flu!  He's been sick for a week and a half now, so we've all been taking turns caring for him.  In this picture, Autumn is on the footrest and Panther is behind Daddy's back.  Autumn, Missy, and Starla have been Daddy's main nurses, with Freya and Panther also taking turns sometimes.  At one point, all three of his main nurses were snuggling at one time!  Daddy's getting a little better, but scared us all last night when he started to not breathe like normal.  He had to go to the emergency room, so Grandpa took him.  He's back home now with us and getting some more of our healing snuggles and purrs, and breathing better again.

6 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am purring for your daddy to soon feel better.

pilch92 said...

Kitties make the best nurses. I hope your Dad gets better soon.

Summer said...

Oh no, it sounds like your male human has had the flu REALLY bad! I hope he's finally on the path to recovery.

Anonymous said...

The flu is nasty! Kitties (and doggies) are the best medicine. He will be better soon.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

The Swiss Cats said...

We send your dad healing purrs and hope he feels better soon. We know he's got the best nurses ! Purrs

Unknown said...

Oh my toes! You are wonderful nurse cats! I wrote a poem about the work we do.

I am a nurse cat,
When my human is sick
I lay down with her,
Or on her,
And purr my best purrs
For her to feel better.
When she gets up
I call to her,
Come back to bed!
You are sick!
I must take care of you!
Touch her nose with my nose,
Make sure she's alright,
Lay down next to her,
Or on her,
And purr my best purrs,
For her to feel better.
I am a good nurse cat.

Gentle Purrs & Cheekrubs,
Lilith Kitten Mahoney, Age 14
Nurse Cat & Diabeticat
The Feline Contingent