Friday, November 21, 2014

Foster Friday: Panther's back

Panther writes:

Long time, no meow!  I've been back at my foster home since Sunday, and it's been a confusing transition.  I growled and hissed at Mommy Cai, Foster Daddy, and Foster Mommy the first day, because I'd been on my best behavior at my home the previous few days.  I didn't want to be brought back to my foster home!  Mommy Cai explained that she wanted to give Haley some time to readjust to being with her, because Haley used to be Mommy Cai's kitty a few years ago.  Haley's a grumpy old lady!  She growled at me and hissed, and sometimes swatted, so I lay down when I saw her.  I really wanted to snuggle with Mommy Cai, though, so sometimes I would be on one side and Haley would be on the other.  Haley didn't like that at all.  I also would do things that annoyed Haley after she would growl at me.  I got along with Beastie great, though!  We'd run up and down the hallway, around through the rooms, up into the windows and down, then around again.  Mommy Cai called it "Nascar time"!  Beastie bit Mommy Cai when she came back without me.  He's since almost forgiven her.

It took me a few days to adjust, but by the second day here I was watching the other kitties from a safe distance.  I remember everyone, except there's a new kitten named Autumn.  She and I aren't sure about each other, but we've said hi.  Now I eat from the food plates at the same time as everyone else and even have reclaimed my recliner!  Last night, I sat with Foster Mommy for the first time since I've been back.  I get lonely in the middle of the night, the time I used to run around with Beastie, so I call down the hallway and Foster Mommy talks to me.  I come out to get some pets from her and usually end up on my recliner.

I like watching my brother, Sherbet, out the back window.  He looks like he's doing well, too!  He's getting neutered in a couple weeks, and then he'll be doing really well.  I wish he'd come inside so we could play, but he won't.  He's now eating while the humans watch through the windows and coming when they call him, so that's a big improvement in the time I've been away!

I want to go back to Mommy Cai's.  Everyone says that I'll get to visit there in a few weeks, for a short visit.  I'll do that a few times, then do an overnight and see how it goes.  I'll try to transition back there and see how Haley and I do with the slow reintroductions.  I hope it goes well!

4 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Sorry you're back there for a little while, Panther. We have our paws and fingers crossed that you can go back to Mommy Cai's real soon.

Summer said...

I hope everything works out, Panther and you can transition back to Mommy Cai's eventually.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Oh Panther, we are so sad for you. We hopes the slow transitions work and you will be back full time with Mommy Cai soon.

Furries said...

Sorry you're having such a rough go of it. Hopefully a new reintroduction will work.