Monday, October 14, 2013

Mini Mancat Monday: Panther's owie eye!

Panther writes:

I have an owie in my eye!  It really hurts!  Foster Mommy has to drop some medicine in it every 6 hours, which makes it hurt more for a few minutes then makes it feel better for a while.  Boy, does it ever sting when the drops go in!  The first few times, I didn't want to move my third eyelid for her, but then I started to notice that it helped if my eye was open more.  Now I keep my eye open enough so the drops can coat it.  I also have some oral medicine that I have no problem taking, because it makes the pain go away for a while and also makes me sleepy.  I get that one at night.

When my foster purrents took me to the vet, I cried the whole way there and back.  I hate car rides, and hate being confined to that carrier!  I told the receptionist all about it when we got to the vet, so she got us into a small room faster.  Then, I was able to get out and walk around, although I spent most of the time under Foster Mommy's chair or within petting distance of Foster Daddy.  The vet had to take me into the larger room in the back to put some stuff in my eye so she could see what was going on.  She thinks it's some kind of an infection, so we're all hoping it goes away with the normal eye medication.

But, she said I can't go outside until two weeks from now!  That's 14 days without checking out my territory!  I've never been gone from it this long since I found it.  What if another cat takes over?  I want to go out and explore, but my foster purrents say it's doctor's orders that I stay inside so they can give me my medicine when they're supposed to.  Phooey to them!  Crying at the door doesn't help, and looking sad and cute doesn't help, either.  At least I'm a good boy about using the box every time, now that I've figured it out.  I still don't cover my poop, but Uncle Heimdall hops in after me and covers it for me most of the time.

By the way, if you missed the book launch party for Three Feral Kittens, you can still check out all the links and information on the website!

8 comments:

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Goodness how did you hurt yourself Panther?????? It looks like it really hurts!! You are a good kitty b/c when I have had to doctor one of ours they say NO NO NO Not even 2 of us can hold them down!!

Sparkle said...

I hope your eye feels better soon, Panther!

The Lee County Clowder said...

You are better than us at taking medicauns. Our Dad usually winds up with about half the dose where it belongs. Feel better, soonest.

Furries said...

Panther, I hope your eye gets better soon. It's good you're being cooperative about taking your medicine. That will help you heal faster. I'm sure once you're allowed out again, any nearby kitties will know you're back on the prowl in your territory.

Sus said...

Hope you're feeling better soon you furry handsome mancat <3

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Poor you, hope you feel better soonest. We are sorry we missed the book launch. Hope it went well. My human was just discharged from hospital today, and she still looks and feels a mess. We won't be graphic about her, just let's say she would fit into a Halloween event furrfectly without any special make up. :))))

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are so sorry about your eye. Healing purrs headed your way. Sorry you has to stay inside until it is healed but it is for the best. 14 days will be gone in a flash.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

panther...sorree ya getted de heebeez on yur eye...sendin de blessings oh St Francis yur way it heelz up reely quik N ya dont hafta haz any mor medisin !!