Saturday, August 3, 2013

Happy birthday to our alpha cat, Rori!

Rori writes:

It's my purrthday today!  I'm 6 years old!  Is that too old to learn how to ride JJ's skateboard?  When he and Mommy Erin lived with us, I liked sitting on it upside-down but didn't like it moving when it was right-side-up.  They've taken it with them, now, though, since they moved a few months ago.

Life here is getting back to a new normal.  One of my jobs as Big Kitty is to check on everyone, and that's exactly what I've been doing.  I heard Mommy crying at one point and pulled at the door for Daddy to open it so that I could check on her.  I hopped up in bed with her and snuggled for a bit, then Daddy let me back in the other room again with Starla.  Another time, I heard Daddy in the living room and wanted to come check on him, so I pulled at the door and Mommy opened it for me.  I made a beeline to Daddy's chair and got some pets.  Missy is slowly getting over being lethargic from her vaccinations, so I've been checking on her, too.  I lie down next to her for a while, then get up again and go about my business.  I've been checking on Freya, too.

Panther has come in a few times more, and seems comfortable letting us sniff him all over.  He's also comfortable exploring the dining room, has ventured into the kitchen, and has discovered that there's a hallway and living room.  He's doing really well so far!  My half-sister, Little Bit, got him to play last night.  She's good at doing that, because she was a mama cat.  She got his tail, so he started playing with her, but she was up on a chair so she was hiding from him.  He found her, though!  They played for a couple minutes, then he went outside again to eat.  Thankfully, he's staying in the backyard and further back, the opposite direction from that nasty road!

Thank you all for your comments and condolences on the passing of Miss Marble.  We love you all!

11 comments:

Sparkle said...

Happy birthday, Rori! That is quite a job you have, keeping things together at your house, but it sounds like you do great!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Happy birthday, Rori. You sure are busy, as Big Kitty! We hope you have a wonderful day, filled with extra treats!

Hannah and Lucy said...

We hope you have a wonderful Birthday Rori filled with love and all your favourite foods.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Nikita and Elvira said...

Bappy Hirthday from both of us!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Happy Birthday Rori!!!!!!!


We know everyone is missing Miss Marble still, but we hopes you can enjoy your day.

Glad to hear Panther is fitting in so well.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Happy birthday, Rori! It's a shame your celebration comes so close to losing Miss Marble, but it's sweet of you to check on everyone and keep your mom company when she cries.

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Happy Birthday Rori!

Thank you for looking after all the furry people and humans at your house after losing Miss Marble...

Purrz and Prayers....
Katie Kat.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Happy Birthday Rori!

The Island Cats said...

Happy Birthday, Rori! We hope you're having a great day!

meowmeowmans said...

Happy belated birthday, Rori! We ope you had a super-spectacular day!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday Rori!