Friday, February 5, 2010

Owie! Hurty paw!

Rori writes:

My paw is owie! It started two nights ago when I was covering up the litter box. Mommy and Daddy think I may have hurt it on the wall or the vanity because I scratch there as well as in the box itself. It hurts to step on it, so I'm hopping while holding it up. I heard something about a doctor visit, but I hope not! They said maybe not until Monday. Mommy and Daddy have both been very gently looking at my paw and have pinpointed which of the pads is being bothersome, but they don't see anything the matter. Daddy thinks it feels a little different when he pushed on it a bit, though. I growled and meowed a little when he did that, but I let him after he reassured me that he was trying to help.

Everyone's following me around wherever I go, so last night I lay down in the litter box in the bathroom to avoid them! When Mommy saw me and asked me what I was doing, I looked up at her, meowed, and jumped out, hobbling out to the kitchen for a bite to eat. I know they're all watching out for me like I watch out for them, and I'm glad of it, but it gets overwhelming sometimes. But that's what comes with the job of "big kitty" of the household!

12 comments:

h (Bugsy) said...

Owie is right!
I (Bugsy) hurt my paw like a month ago too... I got irritated with some poop stuck on my claw, and decided that removing the whole claw would be the best idea, that way I would solve the problem once and for all!
God, was I ever wrong!
Meowmy cleaned my paw very well, put some neosporin on it, and made a pretty cool (NOT), but the vet told her to not cover it up the next time...
All because she had ran out of her Colloidal Silver... That stuff is the best! Once meowmy got that, then she just put some in it twice a day after cleaning, and I got as good as new!
I hope you get as good as new real soon too! Hurting paws are definitely no fun!
Hugs!

The Creek Cats said...

Owie! So sorry your paw paw is hurty! We hope it gets better very soon!

The Florida Furkids said...

Ouchie! We hope your paw is better soon.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Everycat said...

Rumbly purrs for the hurty paw Rori! Hope it mends up soon.

Whicky

SuziQCat said...

Hope your paw feels better soon and that you can avoid a trip to the vet!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh no! We hope that you are okay and it isn't a bad hurty!

meowmeowmans said...

Owie! We hope your paw feels better soon.

Mouchois said...

I sure do hope that you feel better soon!
Pebbles (the pug) hurt her paw recently. We don't know what she did to it!

Good luck with the doctor.

Tigger, Munchkin, Jigsaw and Patches said...

Oh, owwiiee... Dat no good. Patches has hurted her paws before, but it wuz on account of her haffin a seeshur...and her back clawsies got caught in da carpet.
Da beans fink dey wuz not home at da time, cuz it makes a lot of noise when dat happens to her. Dey came home an found bloody pawprints, where 3 of her clawsies got ripped out. Dey felt horrible dat dey wuz not there to help dat from happenin!
So we knows about how dat hurts! We iz sendin' lotsa purrs fur your paw to feel better, and hope you no haz to go see da white coats.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We hope that owie is soon better.

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

OH NO!! We sending you lots of healing purrs, that sounds very ucky.

The Island Cats said...

Oh we're sorry you got a hurty paw! We're purring that it feels better real soon!!